Originally Posted By: cubanpete
I just downloaded and installed the free Sonar, but have no idea how to use it. Any good tutorials for beginners around? Thanks Mike B.

Mike, Groove3 has a tutorial series of 49 videos +++ HERE +++ that takes 5 hours and 50 minutes to view.

You can pay for the ALL ACCESS pass or purchase the series. I prefer to purchase so I can download and have as a resource forever. Presently the series cost is $28 US. The series was created in 2015 so some newer features are not covered. A description is quoted below.

Quote:
SONAR guru Eli Krantzberg takes you from beginning to end, showing how to unleash the power of this fully featured, cutting edge DAW.

This definitive series begins with the Important Fundamentals like Installation, Starting a Project, Window Overviews, Controlling Playback and more, Eli then moves onto Recording Audio and MIDI, Quantizing, Punching-In, and Looping. Next, Eli goes deep into Arrangement and Clip Editing, covering topics such as Track Management, Clips, Markers, Applying Fades and more.

Mixing is up next, and Eli demonstrates How to Configure the Console View, SONAR's Signal Flow, Busses, and Sends, How To Use Real-Time Effects, EQ, Compression, Automation, Exporting and much, much more!

I should note that Groove3 also has a great video tutorial series for Band-in-a-Box. You can find out more about that +++ HERE +++

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home