kinswood,

Welcome to the forums.

Firstly, you will definitely be able to run BIAB on two different computers provided it's only running on a single machine at a time. PG Music allow three computers to be registered with the program.

In relation to which version...

Most people on these forums recommend going as far as the purse will allow. The program engine, Realtracks, MIDI tracks and Realdrums are the same whichever version you buy.

The difference in price is a consequence of 'how many' Realtracks, MIDI tracks, Styles, Realdrums, etc., come with the purchase. The ProPak is the entry level software and comes with the a workable set of instruments across most genres. The UltraPak is the most popular on the forum and has the full complement of currently available instruments, drums, styles, etc. Given the variety of genres you mention, I suspect that the UltraPak would best suit your needs.

Also, the latest Mac version of the software is usually released mid-year (somewhere between June and August, it varies) and prices are usually more attractive at this time.

Another thing to consider is that PG Music offer a '30-day Money-back Guarantee' so if you purchased (say) the ProPak, try it out, and then want to upgrade to a more comprehensive version within 30 days, this money-back guarantee could be used so that you don't forfeit any funds (you should check this with PG Music sales staff; I'm just a user of the program).

Lastly, it's the first purchase that is the most expensive. After that, updating from year to year is economically much friendlier. For example, for the last few years, users have been able to 'top up' the UltraPak for around US$100 per year.

Hope this helps,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024