Cita:

That lower picture is one of an old nuclear reactor controller.

Most all of it was analog and man-computing although there was indeed an OCTAL-based "computer" involved.

More like a basic State Machine than a computer, though.

Hard wired program.

Get out the soldering iron to reprogram it...

--Mac

Yeah Mac. you right "..The picture is actually an entry submitted to a Fark.com image modification competition, taken from an original photo of a submarine maneuvering room console found on the U.S. Navy web site, converted to grayscale, and modified to replace a modern display panel and TV screen with pictures of a decades-old teletype/printer and television (as well as to add the gray-suited man to the left-hand side of the photo). The color picture above was taken in 2000 at the Smithsonian Institution exhibit "Fast Attacks and Boomers: Submarines in the Cold War" and depicts:
A full-scale display of a typical nuclear-powered submarine's maneuvering room in which the ship's engineers control the power plant and electrical and steam systems ..."

About reprograming it ...can you give me at least two/three hours for do it ? I have to get two miles of solder roll in RadioShack.

sixchannel , sorry if I was "slightly" out of topic ... I am guilty and confessed

Gabriel Arellano,
Nucleox Music