Thanks, everyone, I don't get on here often, but whenever I do, I always get great help.

Jim, I will post some audio and have it up by Monday night. Thanks!

RSN, wow, what a great post! I didn't know about the computer screen thing, but I just got a much bigger monitor and that could be a problem. I sort of knew about cutting out bass, but I completely forgot about it. As to mics, all I have is a Studio Projects B-1 and an sm57 clone. My room is untreated. I have rigged up comforters in the past, but I didn't do that on this most recent attempt at recording.

I switched long ago from a mixer and m2496 sound card to a scarlett 6i6 on the advice of users here. I've used Acid as a DAW for 12 years and can't seem to learn a newer and better DAW. But one thing is that Acid will only run in 24 bit with the Scarlett. 16 bit gives me very bad hum when recording. It seems to be fine in 24 bit, but that has always made me wonder about Acid and the Scarlett together. When I post the audio sample, I will do some recording in Reaper as well. I don't know Reaper well, but I can make a simple recording for test purposes.

Again, thanks everyone!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak