But after that rimshot moment, back to topic...

A few years back, Rog reached out to me and asked if it was okay to take one of my songs and have his female singing students of the time, teens then but out of college now I believe, add some backing vocals to one of my songs. I had no problem with that and they did a really nice job. I had no issues with their performance, and the only thing that is lacked was "age". They SOUNDED like mid teen girls. I would bet a Wendy's frosty that if they united again and sang those same parts they would sound completely different now as their voices have about 6-7 more years of seasoning on them. I don't know if they all still even live in the same area.

Those BGV adventures led to them each doing one of my songs as a lead singer, one of which they absolutely KILLED as Rog wrote a more pop arrangement of the original slow drag country tune, and in fact I am still begging a strong singer I have worked with here to come over and sing his arrangement. As much as I liked the song as a slow country song, his pop arrangement is the keeper.

THAT led to him introducing his male vocal students. One of them, Chad, is the singer i wish I was. Amazing tone, amazing pitch control. He did one of my songs as a lead vocalist as well. They also did another with 2 of them, Chad and Andy, switching off verse and chorus. That one he wrote a Beach Boy arrangement for. And that Beach Boy feel led to his kids writing a surf song, for which I supplied some lyrics and the lead vocal. THAT grew into him asking me to sing one of his songs, Take The Time.

So that collaborative web grew into many projects just from him asking if his girls could get some BGV experience on one of my songs.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.