I'm gonna try to repair the busted plastic stud on my old faithfuls. I think I can drill a hole in the plasic arm right where the stud sheared off and thread in a small screw to act as a stud. That should work. I probably won't be putting them back into service, though. At least, not for anything critical. Maybe for listening to Netflix, stuff like that.

Talk about an obscure set of old phones, though. They're Aiwa X815 "Stereo Dynamic Headphones." I bought 'em at Sams on a spur of the moment sort of thing. This would have been about 17 years ago. I was needing some better phones at the time and these had decent specs. I still recall the numbers: 20Hz to 20,000Hz, but I don't recall the THD, although I do recall it was vanishingly small. I think I paid about $30 for them. Heh.

They've been a good, reliable set of phones, and they are very comfortable to wear. I can wear them literally all day long. Which is more than I can say about my new Koss Pro4AAs. They start getting uncomfortable after wearing them for a few hours. I still remember vividly that, with my old set of Pro4As, my ears would hurt a lot after wearing them for a few hours. Even though the ear pads, or whatever they're called, are well cushioned, the phones push on the ears quite a bit.

Listening to my mixes, and adjusting them, with the Pro4AAs has been enlightening. I think they're helping me get rid of the muddiness and some imbalances I've found in some of my mixes, thanks to these phones. And when playing the new mixes through my Alesis Reference Monitors, I think they sound a little better as well.

Last edited by cooltouch; 06/10/18 04:25 AM.