You have to remember "Hear to learn" This is a thread about making a number one hit today. This thread really isn't about what it takes to be a song writer or what people like to write.
It is a discussion about creating a number one hit. I don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers. I was discussing whether or not using the "N" word and the f-Bomb are important to getting to the top of the billboard charts. A hit song used to be counted by the plays on juke boxes and radio. Now days I believe hit songs are counted by the hits they get and sales (I guess) I am here to learn.
So radio play may count also. But there are some number one hits out there that nobody ever gets to hear. Myself I would like to make money writing songs, but that's not my first reason for writing. Actually I don't really write at first. I either have lived it, know someone who lived it, know someone who told me about someone who live it, or I make it up from my imagination. First I think it, then I write it down...I prefer to scratch it out on a piece of paper before
I ever put it in a computer or type writer. I have never started or written an entire song from scratch on a computer..they are all scratched put on some piece of paper some where. And I have a few songs that I haven't finished that I have lost.
Making songs is like having a hangover with me...I get to feeling a lot better when it all finally comes out.

But I love it, C.Dan
And I love criticism...so don't worry about pourin' it on me.
But I do stick up for what I believe..
Remember the lyrics from the Jakyl song: "Push Comes to Shove"
"Your political correct world, isn't correct I've found"

Last edited by C. Dan Roberts; 06/13/18 03:35 AM.