Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I had Windows 10 but upgraded to Windows 7 and don't have any problems.

Pipeline: My biggest reason for leaving Win 7 was them ever returning permissions problems. Also present now and then on windows 10 running installers, but usually only related to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu, fixable by Takeownership, or when you create desktop icons, bad habit from Atari days.

Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
I can definitely say that when someone calling for technical assistance tells me they're on Win10, I breathe a sigh of relief. I can rule out a long list of things that can be wrong with the computer, and can concentrate on figuring out if their issue is an incorrect setting, a driver issue (this is becoming less common), a bug, or human error.

I've actually been shocked at how much easier this OS has made my job, especially compared to when I started in 2008 when XP and Vista were common.

I've even switched back to Windows from Mac recently for music production (something I vowed would never happen). Cheers
Kent
PG Music

Kent, i wonder how far you went in tuning Windows 10 to your liking: Like privacy, and getting rid of forced upon users stuff. Windows automatic update, edgy browsers and cortana etc. Tuned carefully Win 10 is far better, but i needed to reinstall a boot partition occasionally when windows updates (sometimes necessary to turn on for security fixes) as usual messed up things like reactivating Edge etc. ... F