Quote:

1) ...just confirmation that a midi controller keyboad such as this will allow me to play the piano sounds, bass etc. which I have in Band in a Box. My laptop does not have a midi input but it does have USB ports. Does a PC have to have midi a input as well as a USB port?

2) ...like there is some kind of auto transpose going on for every chord I type in...

Hello, Darrin.

1. A keyboard like you propose will do what you want. USB can be used to hook up either proper standard MIDI (using a cheapish standard adapter), or a proprietary USB connection invented by your keyboard maker.

If you stick with standard MIDI, it will still be usable after a maker fails or withdraws support for an old model. It is usable with any OS, probably for a very long time, in case you switch to a Mac or to Linux or something.

Proprietary USB drivers leave you at a manufacturer's mercy.

2. You have at some point set your BiaB transposition to read for your alto sax. To go back to concert key, get into Notation Options, find the little Transpose window and zero the "-3 " transposition you have set now.

Larry

_________

Last edited by allis; 12/10/09 05:05 PM.