Same story over there. In fact, Mac went that way first.

And once in Mac, it's harder to switch back. Windows computers are compatible across several brands, Mac does many things to keep you from switching back so that they can extract money from you forever.

Google, Facebook, Twitter, and almost everything that is free on the Internet is extracting money from every search, every profile item, every game played, and any other info you enter.

The Cable TV company, Internet provider, bank, insurance company, phone service, electric company, and everybody else is out to get your money.

But IMO it's an extreme viewpoint. Instead of buying a product, with a computer OS you are buying a service - or perhaps somewhere between buying and renting. As long as you get what you think is your money's worth out of it, they are trading you something for your money.

You can buy a computer with Microsoft or Apple OS on it, update it once, get off the Internet, and use that computer for years. I have a 2002 IBM Think Pad on stage that went off the Internet in 2002, and has been making me money on stage since then. It still works fine.

Of course you can go open-source Linux if all the apps you want are there, but if you want BiaB you need Win or Mac.

So if and when Microsoft becomes a subscription company, then I'll evaluate if the price is worth it to me.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks