Quote:
BIAB gathers tracks from the original source in hard drive every time it re-generates. This was confirmed to me by PG.

That makes absolute sense to me. Absolutely, where else would the data come from? Certainly not the compter's RAM. So, it has to get into RAM in the first place. Imagine loading every realtrack option into RAM at startup so it would be more immediately available. How long might startup take? Imagine the same for an Audiophile system. Loading everything into RAM at startup. Can't imagine? No? Neither can I.
Startup would take a very, very long time, and most computers would page swap a thousand-trillion times faster than you can read this message.

It sounds as though you don't use Frozen tracks?

In Frozen tracks, the system already knows exactly what to use and where everything is and doesn't need to go searching.

Do you use Frozen Tracks?

Does this help?

(You're ideals are virtuous, but I'm not sure that you understand the complexities?)

No offense intended in this reply.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones