Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Quote:
BIAB gathers tracks from the original source in hard drive every time it re-generates. This was confirmed to me by PG.

That makes absolute sense to me. Absolutely, where else would the data come from? Certainly not the compter's RAM. So, it has to get into RAM in the first place. Imagine loading every realtrack option into RAM at startup so it would be more immediately available. How long might startup take?

VideoTrack... I think we have miscommunication... Or I do not understand something trivial. Here is what I am talking about: When you select real tracks for your composition, ONLY THOSE CHOSEN tracks should reside and worked with in memory, NOT all of BIAB realtracks... I am talking about 5-6 selected real tracks here. And for folks like Charlie, who might not have a couple of gigs of RAM to be speared, good old way of gathering them from HD should be present.

I believe Freezen tracks is something else. They remain "frozen" and do not accept changes unless you "unfreeze" them for rendering.