Then Verizon email was taken over by AOL so who knows where an original Yahoo account is now. Since my primary email was Verizon for years I use AOL now as Verizon so nothing's changed. That's sounds confusing, to clarify AOL allows Verizon users to keep the Verizon address but AOL handles it. I could also create a new AOL account but I use Gmail too and that's enough accounts for me. I've not seen a "received/read" notification but maybe it's available.

As for a cell phone, Gmail asked for my number because they can sync up the phone to the PC but I don't know if it's an actual requirement to have a cell phone to use Gmail.

I decided to take my own advice and just Goggle the question "must you have a cell number for Gmail?" The answer appears yes BUT as always there are hacker workarounds which are always created by tech nerds that drive old folks crazy but the kids love it. Here's what I found and good luck:

https://techviral.net/create-gmail-without-phone-number/

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 08/27/18 11:11 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.