Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#

"part time user like most of us here years to figure all that out"

Maybe it is partially because it was/is written a bit clunky...just maybe a little?

Yeah, so what everybody knows it old code. Show me a piece of music software that isn't. I guess all I'm basically saying is all this has been discussed before many times, just use the Forum Search function. Once you've found a 10 page thread on this stuff if there's still something new you want to add, feel free. A new post will bump a multiyear old thread right back to the top of the list.

As for other music software visit the Cakewalk forums, Studio One forums, Cubase forums, Pro Tools forums and any other DAW forums and see what those users say. Same stuff, different flavor. They all have issues. So does Apple stuff, Microsoft stuff, business software and any other kind of software you can think of.

I think the Studio One developers said it right. They're all ex Cubase people and they said that Cubase is (or was) also very old code with tons of legacy stuff built in and most of the issues cannot be fixed without a complete rewrite which is very expensive. That cost would, of course get passed on to the users. I think it's the same thing here with PG.

Nobody here has said these programs can't be improved, the question is how and is it feasible.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.