Originally Posted By: Phil Leith
I have Reaper … it's actually what I use to mix. Can you speed it up and keep it from shifting the key up? I'll have to look. Only going up 5bpm ...

The simplest thing to do would be change the playback rate. On the Tranport control (usually just under the tracks and just over the mixer), double-click after Rate: and enter the new rate of 1.055555555555556 (95bpm/90bpm). The Playback Rate slider will light green to indicate that the value was changed.

Hit Play at this point, and you can hear what it'll sound like.

Be aware that the quality of the pitch shifting/time shifting is controlled by the Project Settings (found in File|Project Settings... or Alt+Enter). You'll probably want to select a higher Render resample mode, and the Default pitch shift mode: should be elastique Pro (for polyphonic material).

You can override which resampling algorithm is used at the track level by going to a track's Item Properties (F2) and adjust each track's Take pitch shift/time stretch mode. If you're doing that, select elastique Soloist for single-note instruments, choosing either Voice or Monophonic, depending on the material, and elastique Pro for polyphonic tracks.

If you want to rebuild the song from scratch, you can just change the Project Settings to use Default pitch shift mode of elastique Soloist with the Pitch shift parameter of Speech, solo the vocal tracks one by one, and render them out as stems for a new project.

Did that make sense?

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?