Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Thanks again, Charlie Fogle.

A follow-up question: How do I change presets on a midi-track in bar xx? I do not mean changing from guitar to keyboard, which you can do in Bar Settings, but suppose I am using a preset with "sound one" from a synth like NIs FM8 or Absynth and want to change to another preset with "sound two" in bar 17 (on the same track)?

Will

The way I would do that task is I would create a track of each synth, render the two tracks to a single stereo audio file using volume changes and panned to where that track is intended to set in the mix as well as mute/unmute between the two tracks so the appropriate synth is playing in the appropriate bars while the other synth is muted. I would import that audio track, convert it to a Performance Track and replace the two tracks with other instruments intended for the song. There may be a correct way to do it on the same track and someone should jump on here with instructions. I tend to build songs by instrument more often than I use to when in earlier times I always started with a Style. It requires pre planning and constructing my song structure in a certain order so I have enough tracks available to accomplish what my end result will be.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/02/18 02:53 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.