Quote:
My argument is this: If PG does not have proper resources to progress, or their "progress" is sufficient for some folks here, at least what they (PG) can do is allow for development from third parties like:

If BIAB were open source, I would agree with you; however, as proprietary software, while this is something they could do, they would also have to consider the quality control aspects that third parties bring to their product, branding issues, etc. That's up to them, and there's no requirement they do that at all. And over the years, there have been some third-party add-ons (BBFinder by Stefano Lazzaretto, Song and Style Librarian by Denis Ladoceur, Song and Style Launcher by Stefan Kuske); granted, many of these have fallen by the wayside, but they were there. Look at the stuff Pipeline has done; would it be nice to have some of that incorporated natively? Sure, but not our decision to make. Look at the GUI recommendations made by VideoTrack (Trevor). All possibilities, but all just suggestions.

As the consumer, you choose whether to buy it or not. If it doesn't meet your needs, don't buy it. If it doesn't do something you want it to do, then suggest it or find something else that does.

It's like saying Apple should open their OS to all PC hardware, because you don't like the model Apple provides.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done or even if it shouldn't be done, but that's a business decision for PGMusic to make based on their business model, not your idea of what their business model should be.

Make suggestions and challenge them; maybe they'll come to pass, maybe they won't. But just complaining and griping because you want a feature and they didn't immediately jump on it isn't productive. We can provide input to them, but in the end, it's their company and their decisions. I suspect PGMusic will be around for many years to come, as they've got a pretty smart guy with innovative ideas at the helm. Some pan out great (RealTracks, RealDrums); some not so much (VideoTracks), but he's not afraid to try new stuff. And if there were no revenue stream, none of that would happen.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com