Coming back the next day is part of the process. All it really proves when you hear you could have done "better" is that your ear and instincts are not too shabby after all.

Whether it is lyrics, music, or production I don't suppose any of "us" have the luxury of complete mastery. The time to "fix" things that may not be working is before they get too far along. There are a number of songs I've written where I wish I'd said "this" instead of "that". I even wrote a song that kinda makes fun of that, in part.

But I'm not going back to them to "change"...even if I could. It was a record of the best I (or we, if collaborating) could do that day, whether it be lyrics, music or production. Someone else wants the song? I'll suggest a better line. They'll have to pay their own band.

Nor do I suppose we have the luxury of other ears and minds every step of the way. But just because someone has a critical comment or suggestion doesn't mean they are right. Blue Attitude Dave doesn't like the delay. Tangmo does. Who is to decide? Even though I am clearly and obviously right (duh!) we just get input.

I know what I'm going to do for the remainder of my time on this forum. I'm going to post "private" and invite any comments, consider them, and then do what I want.

My only practical suggestion is just don't rush to post. Give it that extra day's attention with fresh ears. I rarely follow that advice myself. And if you find it well and truly, irredeemably sucks, then do whatever you want with it, too. The worst that happened is that you got one of your allotted crappy songs out of the way.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground