Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Let me know what you think about it. Thanks, Mike.

Well....IMO....

This particular subject has come up in the past.
The Showcase is generally an 'encouragement' and it's all good sort forum and to 'showcase' what BIAB is capable of.....which is fine.

As Floyd states....post your song in the "Songwriting" forum and just be very specific about the aspects of the song you want a critique on.

Many years ago I would politely offer "suggestions" based on a poster's request.
I rarely do anymore for a few reasons.

Candidly submitted comments can easily be taken personally by those who have thin skin vs. having the skin of a snow tire.
I'm critical about what I like, the genre that is actually appealing to me or what I perceive to be vapid, cookie cutter creations.
Unless a song actually moves me with well chosen, non cliche subject matter and well recorded I stay out of the commentaries.
Why would I think my candid assessment of their creation would be well received anyway especially if they don't like my material. smile
If I hear a song that has musical merit/original creativity to me....I might just comment.

But, about a year or so ago I posted a request for only 'mix' comments only on a few of my BIAB songs.
I'd never post a song asking 'what do you think of my (masterpiece:)) creation'.
I did not ask for comments about liking my song/material because they may think I suck at song writing....but, they kindly listened and I appreciated ALL the "mix" responses/suggestions.

If people post their material on the public forums they should not get offended by anyone's comments knowing there will always be someone who is honest about their critique but the poster will end up being offended in some fashion.

I'll visit your 'critique my new song' thread and see how it evolves. smile

That's my take on it....back to topic.

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 10/20/18 05:52 AM.