I'm a long time user of Biab- my first copy shipped on 5.25" diskettes.

Anyway the early versions were all midi and honestly I did not use it all that much.
The midi stuff from way back when sounded all like computer music.
I used it for practicing tunes, but only in the basement.

The introduction of Real Tracks has made the creation of compelling backing tracks quite easy.
Its not perfect but its real good.
I use them now for practice and performance.

I'm a guitar player. I do have a guitar synth(godin). I don't have a Midi Tone module for it. I have no other midi gear save some cables and PC/Mac/Ipad. I've tried guitar synth in the past but never felt the tracking was good enough. It just seemed gadgety to me. I got my guitar synth for a real good price. I rarely play it.

I don't play keyboard or ewi.

My recording is all .wav tracks and microphones. I honestly don't do a lot of DAW work

A few questions have kept me wondering over the years.

Am I missing something important by really not exploring the midi side of B&B?

What kind of $ investment (tone module, keyboard, etc) would I need to make a credible start on midi?

What kind of time investment am I looking at? The learning curve seems formidable.

As I said, using real tracks/real drums within BIAB allows me to chart out some pretty decent backing tracks. Good enough both for practice and performing. The advances every year by PGmusic continue to prove the quality of what has become my backing band.

Should I just leave well enough alone?

Thanks for your comments

biab2023(Mac)
Logic Pro X