The dialog boxes shown on this video are not the same as the dialog boxes in Real Band. The very first instruction is Preferences, then MIDI settings, and the MIDI Settings in Real Band is nothing like this. The options selected do not translate to the options given in Real Band. That was an informative video but not helpful for this particular situation. It's ironic that the OGs here who have the most knowledge of PG software learned on BIAB, before there was such a thing as RB, and never then learned RB (which I use exclusively), so the deepest well of knowledge is in the software I don't use.

I tried to play with MIDI settings in RB as hey apply to the MIDI Thru but when I select Global I get no sound out of anything. I guess I just can't do what I want, as one of the PG folks said earlier in the thread. I am in essence trying to turn RB into a MIDI Thru box for virtual synths.

And in an unrelated matter, the metronome again quit working. From one session to the next, without me even opening the metronome dialog page (Meaning no settings were changed from the yesterday when it worked to the today when it stopped. I say that because the last time this happened everybody told me what settings to change, when nothing was changed from when it worked. Programs don't just go autonomously into one random setup panel and change one random parameter. Between this and the VU meters, I have had the same issues with every version of BIAB I ever bought. They just suddenly stopped working. And I will NOT reinstall. I shouldn't have to.), it just stopped working. My controller in the downstairs room requires me to turn my back on the screen so I need auditory feedback to record live input down here.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.