I'm glad you all enjoyed.

"...Regardless, the cumulative effect of the song is almost...almost downbeat, in spite of the life-affirming lyrics. Interesting blend of musical texture and lyrical subtext. Memorable in an unexpected way."

Loren, all that begins with an intent to write not so much to express my feelings as to change them. Then flows a series of creative choices, both conscious and unconscious, that landed on this and somehow rubbed against your expectations almost 12 years later, resulting in the writing of what is surely one of the top-ten comments ever made on anything I've done and is arguably better than the song itself. I appreciate it.

It certainly beats the first review I can recall when I was maybe 11 years old and had written the song I was certain would change the spiritual life of millions. My Grandmother said it was cute.

Joe, I'm glad for the comment on the bass. I had just discovered how to enter slash chords in BIAB and wanted to do some kind of McCartney-esque bass work on this.

Thanks again, all, for the listens and time spent.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground