I also love the crooner horns.

You can hear my version of Just A Closer Walk With Thee by clicking on my songs link in my signature below and scrolling down my soundcloud page.

I open my biab song in Realband then generate new tracks of the horns both as a group and tracks of individual horns. I generate the whole track several times. I also generate riffs. I'm listening for things I like. I may not use all of it but if I hear anything I really like that fits the song i keep it. I can cut and paste to move them around and repeat or mute it later. I can stack tracks of different horns to get the sound I want where I want it. I do some editing in Realband but most of it in Reaper where I can easily mute the parts I don't need and move things around. And I can use fades, stretch, etc., to get them how I want them to sound. Then it's eq and volume and I'm done. It's a bit of work but the end result is worth it for me. I love horns.

My song Because You Loved Me has horns that I built from many different RT horn single tracks including a few from the crooners. In that song I did the horn arrangement for the bridge first then the rest.