Wow, thank you all for the input. It explains a lot. It also explains my knowledge and expectations are wrong and I appear to be clueless.

So, I guess my next comment/questions should be....?

1. Regarding the VST's, it appears that most everyone in the professional music production business uses Komplete for thier VST. Very pricey and im not sure or really havent seen anything that is comparable to ultra quality sampled instruments... Is there anything comparable that is more affordable with same quality?

2. The other issue is I have been classically trained... Not properly trained by ear only and purposely not to read music. I have always envied the ones who play without the need to read music. This is where im a little stuck. Now what? I am pass the point of returning product... Which is fine... Its a good product and worth it.

I write music for all the parts and I always read the music or its within my sight while playing.

So Im guessing I need something different. I dont know enough about whats on the market for what I need to do. It looks like you all do. So here goes.

I need a way to write and arrange music for each part using Komplete as my VST, Dan as you mentioned... Exactly as the original was produced. I need a program that allows me to write and play for each part so I have a backing band, and also print the sheet music if I need to hire guys. Again I was lead to believe from sales that bnb could do this... But not even close or I havent learned how to do it..yet.

I think all of you understand more than I do what I am trying to do. Is there a professional program cabable of doing this without having to purchase 20 different programs? (Which is another annoyance similar to scratching a chalkboard) Some of these other musicians start talking about... Well I use program A. For underwater basket weaving and program B. for underwater BB stacking... And there free programs!!!! Bka bla bla... Ideally I would like one and done. High quality music production using Komplete vst's.

I have a full big band arrangement of sweet georgia brown.. Sammy Nestico arrangement. I want to take every single parts sheet music and input it in a program note for note. Assign the correct midi instrument. Massage the phrasing, timing, etc... Then play it back as a live backing band behind me.... Does anything exist that can do this... It cant be this difficult? I have repeated this many times to sales and I can only guess I wasnt crystal clear the 80th time I repeated it.

I dont have a use for Fakebook musical instrument kareoke. I want note for note for each instrument as the originals. Thats what people expect to hear from me...

Again, I hope Im just completely clueless and the info that you have all provided me has cleared up gobs of questions and issues... Now I just need to figure out where to go from here.

Additional thoughts... I would prefer to work and build a midi song file by using proper music notation, time signatures, keys, etc. Most of the midi programs I have seen dont have this capability. They simply record what you PLAY in to them... I dont play piano so I cant input it into midi this way. I have to write it in through music notation...

Last edited by Ratfink; 11/22/18 04:54 PM.