Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Nice wee thing and it was great lyrics.

wee Nit.. At times I thought you had added the lyrics to fit the backing tracks, as though you had no control over the arrangement of the backing ?.

Was it a backing track sent to you pre done etc ?.

Probably just me !!.

Hi beatmaster,

thanks for your kind words.

First of all: Couldn't find out what 'wee NIT' means...

And as to your assumption: As always no third party involved - just the 'hot threesome' (me, Band-in-a-box and RealBand working to gether on my very PC.

And if you are talking about lack of control: The only part I didn't have the full control over the backing was the horn thing. Usually I write any horn parts as MISI Files myself and then play them via 'Vintage Horns' or 'Session Horns'. In this case I used the 11-poece-horn section RT that comes with the RealStyle, so I, in fact, had to make do with what was generated.

This is the way I did it:

Imported the BIAB song into RealBand and erased the horn part. Then I selected every single part of the song separately bit by bit. E.g. the intro: I selected the first four bars and and had the MultiRiff feature of RealBand generate seven different intros. Repeated that, so I had 14 tracks with horn intros. Then I cut out those bars I liked best and reassembled them in a way I liked. Bit by bit I did this with all parts of the song.

While it was pretty easy to do with the intro it got more difficult when it came to the verses or chorusses, because it did not only have to sound right by itself, but as well had to fit the vocal lines.

In some cases I indeed had to change the vocal in order to make it fit the horns, e.g. in the second verse where I took over the horns' melody ('... single one I heard last night')

Hope this explained it...

Have a Merry Christmas and a great 2019.

Stefan