Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
I do have a question to somebody who knows.... The hard drive I used to make the Windows image was freshly formatted. So now, there is only that image there. I still have about 100GB of space on it. My idea was to make a 95GB partition and use it to sync user files. This (partitioning) should not mess up that Windows image right?

Kindly let me know.

Thank you,
Misha.

Not if you use the right software. For as long as I can remember I've used third-party software that could non-destructively create/resize partitions, preserving all the original data on the drive. For the past decade or so this has been EaseUS Partition Master. You could always ask EaseUS support for info. There's probably other third-party software out there that can be recommended. I'm assuming that the included disk-mamagement snap-in for Win10 is as destructive to data as anything previously offered in the OS when it comes to creating/deleting/resizing partitions.

Something to SERIOUSLY consider: Will the image file you created be added to or larger the next time you do a backup? If so, partitioning the drive might not allow you to do subsequent backups of your image file.

External drives are so inexpensive now, my recommendation would be just get another drive and keep your important backup image separate and solitary.

Paj
8^)

Last edited by Paj; 01/04/19 08:25 PM.