Yeah, David ... I brought it out to my living room stereo this morning and listened and I have to say, though the vocals are better now than they were, they sound muddy and are still too stiff in places. I've never really sung until recently except for my own amusement, and I'm finding especially with more challenging material (for me - I'm probably better with faster paced tunes where you can't hear my pitchiness so much) trial and error involves a lot of trial. I know what I want to hear, and in places in this song, I'm not there yet. You're giving me some hints. That's good.

I do want reverb especially on the background vocals as I want a dreamy, ethereal sound, but it might be contributing to the muddiness as well. Also need to eq my voice with a little more on the high end. It was sounding a little harsh to me and I'm afraid I overcompensated.

Always appreciate fresh ears. I will be re-mixing and probably re-tackling inflection on a few phrases to loosen it up a little.

Thanks for the encouragement. Since this is the title track, it needs to be more than just "meh". I know it's not anything approaching sounding like a hit, but it still needs to sound as good as I can make it sound.

Last edited by Phil Leith; 01/13/19 08:07 AM.