Caaron,

As yet another example you might relate to:

In addition to other people I am working with, a woman came into my songwriting meeting last night and she said she LOVES country and listens to it six hours a day. She told me that the James Taylor type stuff I did last night was "pretty" but she liked country country and wanted to know if I wanted to write some country country with her. I asked her to to send me a list of her top twenty favorites, and I actually love a lot of them. There is some great stuff out there. Luke Combs is great. And he's from the mountains of North Carolina.

So I immediately asked her to co-write a whole bunch of stuff that celebrates country, and people who love country like her, not make fun of it, because I have a wild suspicion that if I just let her write the lyrics based on the kind of songs and performers she LOVES and I just write the chords and tweak the song (which I love to do) then people in Nashville who LOVE country might say:

"Well, Mr. Snyder, of course you can see the Wizard! You never said you wanted to see the Wizard! I thought you hated the Wizard. But if you love the Wizard, well come right in!"

That is the experiment I am running, among other similar opportunities.

In other words, I nod my head with deep reflective listening at the people who say they hate modern country, but for my time management purposes, I am going to co-write country with the girls who are in love with it.

Make sense?

smile