Haha, I'm with you on that. Add Mustang Sally and Brown Eyed Girl to that list. Another thing I was thinking about when I posted my comment about Stormy Monday was few play it correctly. There is a lot of subtle things going on in the Allman's recording including some really good dynamics. All that is lost at a jam, everybody is overplaying at the same loud volume, zero dynamics, zero subtlety. When it's done like that I totally agree, it sucks.

One of the big problems with doing gigs is so many times there's no rehearsals so pretty much everything turns into a jam. When I listen to the original recordings of even relatively simple classic blues I will hear all kinds of little things that nobody bothered to learn. Somebody calls a tune, a player will say I don't know that how does it go and the guitarist just says it's 3 chords in G. Well, yeah that's "basically" what it is but the record will have cool little licks, a specific bass line on a bridge, punches or stops, a nice one bar drum fill, lots of little things. And of course, dynamics. None of that is played so it turns into another boring jam.

Youtube is so great. I will listen to a full live concert by BB King, Albert King, different collaborations by all the greats and it's amazing what those old classic blues tunes really sound like.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.