Originally Posted By: guitar1
I post this realizing that it may be an old thread, but I agree with this sentiment. I quit submitting anything to songtradr after I realized that they want the higher bit rate stuff. Anything under 24 bit won't do. When I am recording at home I always use 24 bit, but as someone has already mentioned, mixing the two bit rates is not a desirable thing. If I could afford the audiophile version, I most certainly would do it, but sadly I can't. Raising the bit rate would be an easy enough proposition, but I also realize that this might cause the sales of the audiophile version to suffer. It is something that I find of value to me and others, but from a business point of view, maybe not so much.

The Audiophile package is the ONLY package that offers uncompressed, lossless RealTracks and RealDrums audio files as well as the compressed, lossy RealTracks and RealDrums audio files that are the standard for all the other packages. The compressed files are decompressed and restored to a lossless format each time a RealTrack or RealDrum file is loaded into Band-in-a-Box or RealBand. However, by definition some audio data is lost and a restored audio track is a degraded substitute of the original lossless audio file. For these reasons a user using Band-in-a-Box to create professional quality audio files needs to use the Audiophile package. Since professionals (in other words someone wanting to make money with Band-in-a-Box) need the quality of the Audiophile package PG Music can ask a price professionals will pay.

The bit depth standard for recorded audio appears to be 24 bit with conversion to 16 bit typically the last step when creating a master track for compact disc.

My thought is since the overwhelming majority of professional tracking and stem audio files are 24 bit PG Music RealTracks and RealDrums should match the specification.

Guitar1, thank you for giving your support to this wish list request.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home