Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well that suggested to me that you were wondering about any viability in the mainstream market.

Where I live, bluegrass barely exists and was never a power category. To my eats it kind of all sounds the same. Finger picking, same tempo, same modal harmony..... So based on my music history, I just wondered if it's your genre that keeps you spam free. (Other than Andy Leftwich, I can't name even one bluegrass player that isn't dead like Flatt and Scruggs.) Every time I post I get 2 people suddenly want to follow me despite the fact that they have not listened to anything I have posted. The include a comment about how much they "love this song" that never changes. So it's an obvious cut and paste. I immediately block them.

As I have often said, I write for cathartic purposes, not for public adoration, unlike those insecure types here who constantly bump their songs to the top of the page pandering for more attention. Like, don't like, I truly don't care. Nobody mnatters that much to me that I care what they think. All that matters to me is whether I like it. So when someone spams me, I KNOW they are spammers because my stuff is not all that great that it would attract viable public attention. I have written exactly ONE song that I think has any commercial value, and if I could ever get a female to come and sing it (3 have promised, none have shown up) I would try to take it somewhere.

No need to be so defensive.

Last edited by eddie1261; 02/10/19 02:15 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.