Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Notes,

I'm guessing you asked this question because you are thinking about adding some humorous songs along these lines to your set list. <...snip...>

I've often thought of putting together a show made up entirely of funny songs, and taking it to the most laid-back audiences (like camp grounds, parks, class reunions etc)

anyway.... you thoughts?

If anybody else has anything to offer on the topic, please weigh in as well

It was mainly for my own amusement. I do horse around with my 11 years and running Little Jim's Marina audience, and we do some funny material there so one or more of the ficticious titles might make it between songs as a joke.

In fact that's what started this. We do a couple of instrumentals, and I decided to play Herbie Mann's "Coming Home Baby" on the wind synth to demonstrate the many voices of the instrument to a couple of people who were very curious about it. I was in a goofy mood and I said: "If you never heard this song before it's one I wrote called, 'She Used To Kiss Me On The Lips But It's All Over Now', but if you have heard it before it is called 'Coming Home Baby' and it's by Herbie Mann." It got a decent laugh.

So I just posted it to hear some other faux titles that might be fun. However, the real titles did give me something to consider to add to the fun songs.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks