Yes you can pull an entire folder in a check them all. I do it per file as a part of my workflow. When doing the MP3Gain check I also look for clipping. Often a file might clip as an MP3 that doesn’t as a wav. It is more common for clipping to occur if the levels are lifted by MP3Gain.

Whilst most songs are very similar in volume some songs you wish were louder. For example, you may have a number of songs (I don’t quite know how to put it) lets say softer songs then you have a rocker. When the rocker comes on at the same volume as a softer song the rocker sounds too low. It seems to lack the energy. They are however the same dB level. It is possible to lift the level of an individual song. I guess it has as much to do with the feeling as true volume.

I for one don’t feel the full energy of a live performance when playing solo with backing tracks. Working off a group of guys has a better liveliness to it, to my way of thinking.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 02/20/19 03:24 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1