Scott, when I read his lyric, I took it to be more of a metaphor for feeling emotional pain. But, that is also the perspective of an almost 68 year old man who also writes lyrics that contain metaphor and am quite mentally stable given that I have the world by the heinie in retirement. Young people these days lack the street exposure that toughened my generation up to where it takes a rather major event to alter our state of mind. Many veterans will disagree, but remember also that most of those veterans who would disagree also have life-altering level events in their life that affected them.

Contrast that to a kid who has never heard the word "no" in their life and has a tantrum every time the new phone comes out and he doesn't get on the first day....

Lyrics and language sensitivity is an individual thing. The lyric in question is far less offensive to me that what the rappers say in every song. THAT music is the travesty. It is sexist, racist, angry and vile. The way women are referred to in rap lyrics SHOULD be something that the feminazis are offended by, though somehow they are not.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.