Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Originally Posted By: dmrodes
Here in the Orlando 'jazz' scene - tracks ARE considered cheating...despite my duo's extensive/creative jazz standards repertoire, we can't buy a gig in the so-called 'jazz rooms'... we had one steady gig at an upscale restaurant that was always advertised on the local PBS gig calendar - until 'someone' called them & said we were using tracks, and they refused to list us after that...what we do is unique - 90% of our list consists of 2 song 'medleys' - segueing one song into another (with similar chords/feel) and then back into the first...for example - Haven't We Met into Bluesette and back into HWM: https://soundcloud.com/dennisanddodi . The other tracks are with vocals and are mini-versions of our tunes. I've spent countless hours creating these tracks with BIAB, but due to the 'tracks are cheating' attitude of jazz clubs/musicians in this area, we are gig-less...

Well doesn't that just bite? I could see a club that advertises and is known for full bands only..... doing that... but all of them? But hey... I guess it's their choice.

My take on this is that the musician's union is very strong in Orlando. YMMV

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware