Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Happy Belated Birthday! So sorry for being so far behind. We moved over the last 4 plus weeks. Enough of that though. Just wanted to let you know why.

So...this song is flat out great! With people throwing around "new country" and "pop country"...blah, blah, blah, I think what is really meant is "radio friendly." Sure there are some heavy production in what's on country radio; but you could slip this in no problem; and feel people would love it.

It's really well written. It's really well produced. Most of all; it's performed really well. The two of you really (in this song) have a Alan Jackson/Jimmy Buffet thing going on...in my opinion. You did this without crossing over into the "island" vibe.

The contrast of the timbre of of each of your vocals; AND the phrasing is a blast to listen to! To hear two different interpretations of how to sing it is really cool to hear.

I could get into rhyme scheme and song structure, which are all great; but I really want to give a nod to something I feel is so important. I feel like the two of you were in the same room recording this! It sounds effortless; like I'm experiencing two friends talking. THAT can be SO hard to pull off. I listened a few times before I even thought about it. It was something you did that I noticed. It was that I just thought it. Then REALLY realized what a great performance the two of you did. If you told me that was NOT the case; I wouldn't be surprised. In fact; it would explain a bit more how you pulled it off so well. smile

Thanks for giving us a bit more of who you are. I do feel I know both of you better from the song. What a fantastic way of celebrating a mutual birthday. Now I'm excited for both of you to be 1 year older wink Can't wait!

Thanks for taking the time to put this together and share it!

Caaron, thanks for taking the time to listen and write such a wonderful review. I don’t know if being born on the same day (different years) has anything to do with it, but we seem to have an innate understanding of what each of us brings to the table. Everything we’ve done together is as easy as it gets and gets done very quickly. By the way, we can wait to be one year older- don’t push it! Thanks again, Tom
Originally Posted By: rayc
I don't usually like "My RnR Story" songs but this is a really cool, melodic and interesting song so am pleased I broke from a pattern to listen and enjoy.
Ray, glad you came by for a spin, Tom
Originally Posted By: Scott C
When you, Tom and Janice put together a song it is always so special. Just loved this song. Would love to see this one live. Guitar was very cool as well.. Super production on the song...
Scott, we are glad you liked it, Tom