Hi All, last week I asked a similar question but for a PC (without a response). After a bit of a look about I came across SongBook by LinkeSoft. See https://www.linkesoft.com/songbook/ whilst I initially downloaded the tablet app for Windows this didn’t suit me so I purchased the PC version which is great. I understand the iPad version is even better as it was created for IOS. The Windows version is under US$20, tablet, iPad and Mac even less.

The program is fairly simple, initially set up the fonts and colour scheme that you want. Different colours for lyrics, headings, comments etc.

The import the lyrics. This can be in text (txt) or Chordpro form. Insert the chords into the appropriate places within the lyrics. Import the music, set the scroll time for the song. Set pauses where required. Whilst initially it takes a little work to adjust the timing you soon get good at it.

On stage you simply start the scroll and start the music and play along. (I had all this written better but went to another link and lost it all but the gist is here)

This is all very easy and very good. You can have set lists as opposed to the entire song library making it easier to sort through songs. It is very easy to select a song not in the set list if you want or play from the set list in different orders (very flexible).

I used this for a show on Friday and IMHO it was brilliant.

I tried a several different apps but found Songbook the pick of them.

My thoughts Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 04/06/19 01:00 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1