Quote:

Hi Dan,

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to your rendition of "I'll be seeing you".

I must say, it's a very skillfully put together arrangement. I didn't hear it as "busy" at all. To me it was just right. I really liked the way you panned the interchange in solos between piano and trumpet. The idea of a musical duel springs to mind Nice. Great guitar extemporisation, too. The song is very well mixed. The only comment I'd make, and please keep in mind that this is entirely "personal preference", is that I'd have liked a single voice singing rather than a doubled voice. Somehow, to me, a single voice with the barest hint of reverb better reflects the intimate nature of the lyrics. As I said, though, that's just me Overall, you've won me with your work!

Happy New Year to you, too!
Noel

I’m in Noel’s camp. Everything is top notch except, IMHO, the vocal doubling.

Great guitar chops BTW.

FWIW-one way to get a doubled vocal effect is to use a subtle chorus effect. Not as much as a guitarist would use but just enough to add some depth to the vocal.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware