Thank you all for the listen and comments. You are all very kind .

The vocals were indeed difficult for me. My voice just does not have that clear clean quality of tone which to my ear is needed to sound good. I also suffer from a limited range. Hard for me to cover a full octive. You know, you can tell a "good" singer from the first note. Now of course there are those exceptions to the rule....

I actually took a vocal lesson once (yea, only once due to the $100/hr), but it was very helpful in letting me know what my problem is. Its all physical doing with the vocal chords. Mine apparently are thick which results in a wispy sound due to air escaping past them (.. or something like that).

Bottom line, I just could not get comfortable with the single voice recording. I sang it over 50 times over the course of days until each day I could sing no more. Tried every trick I could from solar plexis breathing to holding my face and lifting up under my jaw to stretch the vocal chords while I sang(don't laugh this trick actually helped). I tried vocal effects (reverb...) , but felt these were just too obviously masking a poor voice. When it was all done I felt that sending three tracks to the mix overcame the "wispy" sound.

So I admit it don't have that Billi Holiday vibe, nor the cool tones of Michael Buble, that really do this song justice, but for now I am comfortable with the Jazzmandan vocal sound

Thanks again guys, I do appreciate the feedback.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper