Quote:

Dan, musically it is a great track and you have done it justice. I don't find it too busy.

Vocally, I think you need help. First, sit / stand UP and open up those vocal chords! I get the feeling you are restricting yourself somehow. Singing while watching what you are playing on the fretboard? I know. I do it myself sometimes. Cut the doubling and get a pop guard. Also, is it actually in the right key for your voice? I feel the key is too low for you.

You're almost there though!

HTH

OMG! Sam. I am so glad that you and some of the other "vocalists" are weighing in on this. You are so right, "...I need help".

1) Regarding the pop guard, I am going out first thing tomorrow to pick one up. I definitly heard what you and Russ did with the popping.

2) Restricting my vocal chords? The guitar and vocal tracks are laid down seperately so no restrictions there. I have tried it all, standing, sitting, low volume -whispering, high volume, head voice, diaphram breathing, different mics, even that face holding thing. I do get different sounds based on almost all of these, I just have to find the "sweet spot".

3) Key to low? Now this is very insightful of you. I started the song initially in Eb. My voice does ring nicer in this higher key, however, there was one note which I could not hit, (high Eb, - @ .. and when the night is ...NEW!). So I lowered the song to C. That note dropped to a C (not surprisingly) and I thought all was good. But I agree now that the lower key did effect the rest of the song. I may try Key of D or just work on hitting that high note.

I am going to work this up again with all the great suggestions you all have been providing. Thanks again.

Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper