I mix my BIAB tracks (usually in Reaper) then “master” them using a LUFS meter to keep an eye on levels. This way most stuff is at a similar volume. I have a 2x2 USB sound interface into which I plug my guitar. I then setup Guitar Rig 5 or TH3 and blend this with the “mastered” songs (I use MP3 mainly because of room on my old laptop I now have heaps of room).

The blended tracks and guitar are then put through a PA. I have an 800watt Samson (cheap and easy to setup the speakers fold together so the entire thing becomes one box the power cable and speaker leads all fit in one speaker enclosure and mixer/amplifier clips into the other speaker enclosure). When all set out it plays in stereo and does actually sound as if the backing instruments are across the stage.

More recently I have put all my songs both backing tracks and lyrics into Songbook. Now all I do is start the song scroll and backing and all works together to make life easy.

I just 3 hours ago got a new USB audio device. It did not work as I expected at first but seems fine now. (A lot more testing tomorrow). Tomorrow I am due to have a MIDI foot controller arrive (on my 70th birthday). I will be using this to control aspects of the amp sims (don’t know how that will go but it’s all a game.)

I’ll be doing a gig on Friday. Probably with the new Audio interface but no foot controller yet.

The thing is using backing tracks and an amp sim works a treat. Have things at a preset level makes life easier. Even though I set out my sets if someone asked for something different as long as I have it in SongBook it is just a matter of a click to get it.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 05/01/19 01:27 AM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1