Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Tangmo, listening to this brings back shades of memories of tunes from the late 60's into the early 70's! I agree with Ray that you have the music bed started for something pretty good! I hope you can develop a great lyric to go with it! Thanks, Torrey

Well, Torrey...I don't know if it's a "great" lyric, but I finally have one--at least 95% of one. Since in all likelihood I'll be listening to this song more than everybody else combined, I wrote it to entertain myself. That's why I do this. I get tired of waiting for other people to make the music I want to hear.

BUT...I've never had a "rock" voice...sometimes the blues, maybe...but never a rock song. What's worse is that I am so out of practice singing that I don't think I'd ever be to do it justice.

Then...I can probably cut a demo, and I think I can handle some rock harmonies in the chorus over this weird progression, but I'm serious about wanting a singer. Since "Last Man In Europe" hit the showcase, I think you may have it.

So...I'm calling you out publicly. Do or decline. I'll show you where to hang the syllables and help with pronunciation (to mine my mind on the reason for that, you'll have to commit).

OK...I'm only half-serious. But it's the serious half that wants to get this done. Next, I'm going to make ScottC and Dave wrestle to see who plays the middle. If it's a tie, I'll take them both. You watch this space.

wink

In the meantime, thanks all for the ears and the encouragement.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground