Thanks, Noel. That whole thread was a good read.

But, rather than bumping up another older thread, I want to ask (as someone who is still a "new guy" in this forum family) about something David Snyder said--or seemed to be saying, as I may well be misunderstanding.

He said: "It (the positives of the showcase) could NOT work if all you did was post and had little time to respond to those who commented on your songs. Then, the whole system breaks down.

I've noticed from the beginning that forum etiquette (here) included thanking people for their reviews/comments. I think I understand the impulse. People you "know" have taken the time to respond, and a "thanks" is warranted. I'm just a bit uncomfortable following it "too" often. IF making a comment in my own thread did not bump the post back to the top of the pack, I'd not only feel more comfortable, but I'd gladly do it.

(insert moments of reflection here)

I think, in typing, I've thought of a way to work around this. Funny how that happens.

But I'm still going to click 'submit' because I didn't do all this typing for nothing.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground