Not Win 7 OS. Before the free update to Win 10 was available my old machine with 7 on it was really slowing down and driving me nuts. Everybody says you should be reinstalling a Windows OS every few years anyway and my system had the OEM version, no disc. I went looking for a fresh Win 7 product key I could use to reinstall. None were available or I should say no legit ones were available. MS didn't have it and neither did any of the bigger online retailers.

All that's out there is very edgy looking Ebay things where they sell you a key for $29 or some such. Those may work (or be a total ripoff) for a few months until MS gets around to checking out your system and suddenly you get a message saying you're using an unauthorized version of Windows ie pirated. They give you 30 days then throttle down your OS. About this time is when the Win 10 freebie came out so I did that and have never looked back. Win 10 is great plus the security is way better than even the latest update for Win 7.

The folks here like Larry and Herb are highly experienced power users, are you? If not then update to Win 10 now for a whole host of reasons I won't bother repeating again. Just check it out yourself, you'll see.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.