Stuart,

It reads as though your Band-in-a-Box (BiaB) installation has become corrupt. You can force the program to defaults by selecting "Options" > "Return To Factory Settings ...". This will open a window providing the three selections below. I would select the second, "Return ALL" option as well as remove the check mark in the bottom, left corner.

That is as close as you can get to uninstalling BiaB and then re-installing BiaB without having to actually do that.

Use Cntrl + E to open the Preferences window. Go through each button (choice) and set your preferences. Once you have reset everything and got BiaB set up like you want, Got to "Options" > "Save Preferences As ..." and save your settings under a unique name. You can then go to "Options" > "Load Preferences ..." and set up the program as you like it in less than a second.

The head of PG Music, Peter Gannon, recommended return to defaults and loading preferences after each update. I don't but I'm not shy about using it as a troubleshooting technique whenever the program gives any hint of starting to act wonky. Once your've created a preference file, it's easy.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (196.32 KB, 126 downloads)
Three return to factory selections.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home