Well that is good to hear, Dave.

The fact that you have earned money from plays of a recent YouTube video, gives me hope that the inclusion of Realtracks doesn't automatically result in a video being rejected for monetization due to the music being 'insufficiently distinct'.

I don't believe that it's quite as straightforward and clear cut as Craig from LANDR explained in his email response to my query.
It seems to me that rejecting a track for monetization doesn't just depend on detecting Realtracks, sampled instruments, etc, but it is more likely if their inclusion makes the music sound "insufficiently distinct".
Also, the fact that Craig admitted that two of my tracks were approved in error, would indicate that the decision is a subjective one and therefore depends on the opinion of the individual reviewing the music.

Having said that, and regardless of whether I ever want to try and earn money from YouTube videos or not, I definitely want my music to sound as distinct as possible, so I'm going to make a concerted effort to rely less on Realtracks and I'm going to aim to perform as much of the instrumentation as possible myself in future (as I used to do up until two years ago).

I'll still continue to use BIAB as a songwriting tool though.

Last edited by Andyman; 07/06/19 05:30 AM.