This is similar to the Windows thing where it shows the open apps as tiles. I know that display and have no use for it either, but it doesn't gray out the rest of the screen. I've hit that key by accident once in a while.

I did some scans with the Lenovo diagnostics and Windows, and Windows found hard drive errors and is doing a repair. I don't remember where I found that test, I was poking around in the Control Panel functions.

I feel like I'm wasting an entire day here, only because I'm in the middle of another project and this has put a damper on it.

Next step is to make sure I have all the data backed up to the external. I usually do, but I need to double-check.

If I have hard drive errors, I need to get it replaced ASAP.

Fortunately it's an older computer. I use it along with Power Tracks Pro Audio or Audacity to record backing tracks for my duo and demo files for my styles. I have an mp3 copy of all my backing tracks on 3 computers and a flash drive plus the back-up drives, but I'm in the process of recording demos from a new style disk I'm finishing up. I definitely don't want to lose any of them. They can be done again but it's time consuming.

I've restarted the computer after the Window HD repair, and if it's still happening I'll know it wasn't the problem.

Nope, it hasn't fixed the problem. I may just take it to a computer shop tomorrow. frown and spend some money instead of a lot of time.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks