Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Oh dear, I see it all now sorry to have gone off down the track display path.
Looks like yet another one for the wish list, It must be possible by pinching some code from BIABs bar options graphics routines I would have thought.

Just the sort of niggle that gripes with me is inconsistency between PGs companion programs and even in the same program in different parts using the same function.

You really should not have to work with fixed default screen labels and make your own notes with a pencil!

Yeah, the inconsistency between RB and BiaB on this one function was an unpleasant surprise to me. And, of course, I didn't want to have to make a list of which instrument is in each track to constantly refer to as I was changing the settings for certain bars throughout the song. It's already enough of a challenge to remember where I wanted those settings to be changed for each instrument.

When I encountered this obstacle, I decided to try using two BiaB plugins in Tracktion (as Pipeline had suggested in another thread) with the intent of being able to use BiaB's Bar Settings feature there instead. But that didn't work out either because the plugins don't have that feature. So, that's when I decided to go back to BiaB with my song and finish working on it there in two sections. If I have another long song to arrange in the future that exceeds the 255 bar limit, I'll probably run two copies of BiaB (per Pipeline's more recent suggestion) so that I can use each copy of BiaB to work on a different section of my song simultaneously. That's about as close as I'll be able to get to an ideal setup for such songs for the time being until something's done about these default labels in RB. Thanks for trying to help!

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V