Originally Posted By: silvertones
I am looking for a good guitar VST I that I can use to play signature hook lines with a keyboard to simulate guitar.

You don't even need to do that John. There are excellent midi files all over the net of those classic songs with the guitar parts already there. If you can't find a particular one for free you can buy them for maybe five bucks each and less if you buy a minimum amount.

As for the actual synth, I use Sampletank 3. One tune I did for my sister was a midi file of the Scorpions Still Loving You. It's all guitar. ST3 has a pretty good bank of all kinds of different ones, acoustic and electric and for each type there are sub groups by make, strings, DI, with an amp sym whatever you want. I noticed for the electric ones they had specific Gibsons for example, different models, different pickups and strings, all that stuff. Same with Fender . Tele's, Strats and many different configurations. It confused the heck out of me so I just tried a bunch of them out until I found a sound I liked.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.