There is a difference between explaining the way things are and defending them as "everything is just fine". Of course, more communication with the developers would always be nice. I just thought some may not be aware of what already does take place, and that info is needed to make informed decisions.

JohnJohnJohn, could you cite a few of the companies you feel are better models?

RustySpoon, there have been cases (I cited one recent one, above) where PG Music techs have communicated directly with users who report a specific problem and who are NOT beta testers. This isn't for new features as you mention, though, nor for the most requested items; that is done through beta testing. I don't know if a few users like you mention would be a large enough group to test one issue thoroughly. The beta tester group is quite a few users of varying expertise and equipment, and I think that's good.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors